Monday, April 14, 2008

'Yes sir that's my Baby'


In response to the request to know more about my family, here are a couple of pictures of my baby girl (she ain't no baby, no mo') who was born Aug. 14, 1979. She is engaged to be married to someone she has known since grade school, John Lyon. You will find them both hiding in the apple blossoms in the second picture below.


They currently both live in Silver Spring Md. but Christy is moving to Raleigh N.C. as her company PPD is transferring her to a better job. She was born in Durham England whilst I was doing my doctoral work there, and among other accomplishments she has an honor's degree in psychology from Purdue.

Say a prayer for her as she prepares for a new job and marriage as well. Of course she is moving to near the Southern part of Heaven (aka Chapel Hill N.C.), so that should help.

6 comments:

Rob Penn said...

Those are awesome pictures.

Really well done photography of beautiful people.

Allan R. Bevere said...

Ben:

Holy smoke! I haven't seen your daughter since she was young and you were a professor at Ashland. It is a reminder to me of how fast the years go by!

Ralph said...

Ben....congrats on your daughter! I will pray...btw...I am a Vineyard pastor and have some serious questions to ask you - personal stuff...how can I email you?

Ben Witherington said...

Hi Ralph: You can always contact me thru the seminary email-- ben_witherington@asburyseminary.edu

BW3

Leslie said...

I love John's beard.

Carrie Allen said...

That's so sweet! Congrats on gaining an in-law, and thanks for sharing!