Monday, September 15, 2008

Zap! Jesus is my Friend Video



Its not just everyday you find a new musical sensation, such as a Christian ska band doing their best to look like Donny Osmond and company. Me personally I would have liked to see Devo or Bob Marley do a version of this, but instead we must settle for Sonseed. For sure, and totally to the max these folks can give Chris Tomlin a run for his money, in fact this song should have been on his new Love CD.

O.K. music critics let me hear from you-- as Dick Clark would say "I'd give it about a 4.5,but you can't dance to it" :)

10 comments:

Bob Young said...

What the HELL was THAT?! Wait - I don't want to know. Besides, I have to quickly go clean the vomit off my keyboard...

Unknown said...

Where's Pope Gregory when you need him?

Jonathan Robinson said...

no really... WOW!

Ontario Emperor said...

I must check the credits again. Did Harry Shearer and Christopher Guest conceive this?

You mentioned Devo, which reminded me of "Dove (the band of love)," a band with five guys that would occasionally play at Devo concerts, much to the bewilderment of the fans.

CP said...

Gold medal....i laughed so much at this...it is such a ska thing to do. Really, i think its rubbish but i like it in a strange sort of way...maybe cause it makes me laugh! If Chris Tomlin does this song...Ben the credit will be all yours! ...lol

Anonymous said...

That was horrible.
(Although I believe the guitar player is the star of the band.)

Jc_Freak: said...

Wow Ben. Just wow. I believe that song made The Amazing Book songs look like Mozart. Still, it was good for a laugh.

Brett Royal said...

Really Bad Music
Jesus is a Friend of Mine
Get Out Of My Head!

Anonymous said...

embed....NOW

Blake said...

Wow, I learned something new. I watched the video and was like, "How can they be ska without brass instruments?" according to Wikipedia ska and 2 Tone ska existed before thirdwave ska and ska-punk which is what my generation has grown to know and love as real ska. RIP FIF!