1. Do not walk behind
me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead
of me, for I may not follow. Do not
walk beside me either. Just pretty
much leave me alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't
5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares
if you're alive, try missing a
couple of car payments.
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, when you
criticize them, you're a mile away and you
have their shoes.
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how
to fish, and he will sit in a boat
and drink beer all day.
11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that
person again, it was probably worth it.
12. If you tell the truth, you
don't have to remember anything.
13. Some days you're the bug; some days
you're the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in
half and put it back in your pocket.
16. A closed mouth gathers no
17. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and
a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
18. There are two approaches to arguing with women. Neither one
19. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips
20. Experience is something you don't get until just after you
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
22. Never, under any
circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a
laxative on the same
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Common Zen-se from Mom
You gotta love your Mom. The older she gets the more wisdom she thinks she has to impart. These 'zen' truths (?) she sent along to me to ponder today. My only question is-- what would Jesus say Mom?
Posted by Ben Witherington at 3:59 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Great ones! I'm going to file some of them away for future sermons.
I love No. 14.
I especially like no. 20 - so true
No. 4 is, unfortunately, quite true!
Can I borrow these to post on my blog?
I imagine that she would get chastized for some of them and He would share a good laugh about many of the others.
Post a Comment